Lifelines A Doctor’s Journey in the Fight for Public Health By Leana Wen PDF
Lifelines is an insider’s view of public health and its critical role, from opioid addiction to worldwide pandemic, from medical expert Leana Wen, MD, and an inspiring story of her journey from struggling immigrant to being named one of Time’s 100 Most Influential People.
Dr. Leana Wen likes to say, “Public health saved your life today; you simply don’t realize it.” Because good public health is imperceptible, you are unaware of it. It is only in its absence, when it is underfunded and ignored, that it becomes evident, a cruel truth shown as never before by COVID-19’s devastation.
Lifelines A Doctor’s Journey in the Fight for Public Health Summary
Emergency physician, former Baltimore health commissioner, CNN medical commentator, and Washington Post contributing columnist Leana Wen has fought the opioid crisis, infectious disease epidemics, maternal and infant mortality, and COVID-19 misinformation on the front lines of public health. Wen lays exposed the lifesaving work of public health and its unique approach to social issues, such as treating gun violence as a contagious disease and racism as a health danger, in vivid detail.
Wen also shares her own uniquely American story: as a Chinese immigrant, she and her family were on food stamps and were occasionally homeless despite her parents’ various occupations. That youngster went on to attend college at the age of thirteen, get a Rhodes scholarship, and pursue a career in public health as a means to give back to the country that had provided her with so many opportunities.
She believes that, in the end, it is public health that ensures citizens do not lose decades of life and that where children live does not decide whether they live.
About The Author:-
Dr. Leana Wen is an emergency physician, a public health professor at George Washington University, and a Brookings Institution nonresident senior fellow. She is also a CNN medical analyst and a contributing columnist for the Washington Post. She was previously the health commissioner of Baltimore, where she oversaw the nation’s oldest continuously operating public health department.
Lifelines Release Date
- Publisher ? : ??William Morrow (August 10, 2021)
- Language ? : ??English
- Hardcover ? : ??400 pages
- ISBN-10 ? : ??0063004089
- ISBN-13 ? : ??978-0063004085
- Item Weight ? : ??1.23 pounds
- Dimensions ? : ??6 x 1.25 x 9 inches
Lifelines A Doctor’s Journey in the Fight for Public Health Download
We Are Unable To Give A Pdf Download Link Since The PDF Version Of This Book Is Currently Unavailable On The Internet Due To Copyright Material And Violations. As A Result, You May Quickly Purchase This Book By Clicking On The Link Provided Below.
WINTER HOME SLIPPERS
Winter Fur Slippers
Finally, We Hope You Were Able To Download The ?Lifelines A Doctor’s Journey in the Fight for Public Health By Leana Wen PDF”? The File Without Any Issues. Please Share This Article With Your Friends And Family If You Enjoyed It. As A Result, They Can Also Benefit From This Article. Thank You For Taking The Time To Look At Our Website.
If You Have Any Queries About This PDF Book, Please Ask Them In The Comments Section Below. We?ll Get Back To You As Soon As Possible. Continue To Check Our Blog On A Regular Basis For Additional Free PDF?Books.
We Do Not Own Or Have Generated And Scanned Any Of The PDF?Books?Available On Our Website. We Exclusively Provide Download Links For Significant?Books?To Assist Underprivileged Students Who Cannot Afford These?Books?But Can Find Them On The Internet. If You Have Any Issues With Our Items, Please Contact Us Using Our Official Email Address.
Cure18.Store Is A Participant In The Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, An Affiliate Advertising Program Designed To Provide A Means For Sites To Earn Advertising Fees By Advertising And Linking To Amazon. Is A Participant In The Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, An Affiliate Advertising Program Designed To Provide A Way For Sites To Earn Advertising Fees By Advertising And Linking To Amazon.
Some Of The Links On This Website To Items Are Affiliate Links. It Simply Means That If You Click Over And Purchase Any Product, We Will Receive A Commission At No Additional Cost To You.
New Release Check
- The Korean Vegan Cookbook Reflections And Recipes From Omma’s Kitchen Download PDF
- Howl Of The Wind Dragon A Branches Book Download PDF
- [PDF] Endure How To Work Hard, Outlast, And Keep Hammering Download
- The Story Of Barack Obama A Biography Book For New Readers Written By Tonya Leslie
- Black Heroes A Black History Book For Kids 51 Inspiring People From Ancient Africa To Modern-Day U.S.A PDF Download
- His Truth Is Marching On John Lewis And The Power Of Hope PDF
- 2022 The Legacy Of Ruth Bader Ginsburg Wall Calendar By Sourcebooks
- The Lord Of The Rings Book Written By J. R. R. Tolkien PDF Download
- It’s Better This Way A Novel Written By Debbie Macomber PDF
- Trejo My Life Of Crime Redemption And Hollywood Written By Danny Trejo PDF
- Count The Ways A Novel Written By Joyce Maynard PDF
- Forward Notes On The Future Of Our Democracy Written By Andrew Yang Pdf